Read Time - 2 Minutes
This year we've been talking a lot about the importance of Functional Testing and how manually testing your app or website on a variety of different devices and platforms gives your users the best experience possible. We've put together a list of our most popular Functional Testing blogs to date.
Digivante's most popular Functional Testing blogs:
- How To Improve Your Website Conversion Rates With Functional Testing
- Types Of Functional Testing
- The Blue Pill Or The Red Pill: Breaking Down Functional Testing
- Functional vs Non-Functional Testing
- Functional Testing Q & A's For Transactional Websites
The importance of Functional Testing
Functional testing is performed to confirm that the functionality of an application or system is behaving as expected. This testing type is conducted in conditions close to the customer's and is best practiced on the same operating systems, browsers and devices used by said customers.
If you are undergoing a re-platform, launching new features or working to a regular release schedule, functional testing is a must-have for ensuring conversion rates and digital performance are maximised throughout this process.
What are the different types of Functional Testing?
- Smoke Testing
- New Functionality (System) Testing
- Regression Testing
- Compatibility Testing
What are the six steps of Functional Testing?
- Identify the functions that the software is expected to perform
- Creating the input data based on the function's specifications
- Determining the output based on the function's specifications
- Executing the test case
- Comparing the actual and expected outputs
- Reporting and analysis of discrepancies between the functional specification and actual outcome
What are the benefits of Functional Testing?
- Improving digital performance
- Risks associated with software use are reduced
- Improves customer satisfaction
- A guideline to ensure all requirements are met
- Improves the stability of the system which includes critical areas such as payment integration
How can we help?Whether you want a large scale test that covers all bases, from menu navigation to payment, or you have a more specific area of your website you want us to test on, our service is individually tailored and aligned to your business goals. We can provide you with an internally QA'ed, triaged and prioritised list of issues - including detailed video evidence and screenshots via our portal - for your developers to work through and fix.
- 24 days of testing in 24 hours
- A full functional test in 4 hours
- 150+ testers deploying over 100 devices in 96 hours
- Over 440 device/browser combinations
- 24/7, 365 days a year testing
You can find out more about Functional Testing and our other services here.